Sunday, November 8, 2015

REVIEW : LIPSTICK / Lipstick (2015, re-release with 4-bonus tracks)

Lipstick is a glam rock band based in Nashville, TN. "Lipstick", the band's debut record was originally released in 2014 and nowadays Lipstick is re-releasing this one in a deluxe-edition plus 4 bonus tracks. Imagine early POISON (the first couple of albums) with a more edgy-punk vibe and there you have a very good band with a bunch of some killer tracks.

For example, when I was listening to the opening tune of "Were Here To Rock You" for a moment I thought I was listening to Poison's debut album!! A raw, glam-to-the-metal song that brings back memories from another era! Cool stuff!! With "I Like The Way I Rock", "Alone" and "Having Fun" the party is on fire!! Up-tempo glam rock stuff with clever hooks and choruses, some tasty guitar riffs and solos and more rock 'n' roll!!! "I Want The World To Know" is without any doubt the album's highlight; a more straight forward rocker (in the vain of Enuff Z Nuff's works) that includes a catchy chorus line, a beautiful melody and a superb guitar solo! Check out, also, the pop-ish "Tonight", the acoustic guitar-driven "Love One Another" and the 'different' "Fight Club" and the sure thing is that you are gonna discover a really cool band.

Good songs with a party attitude, an 80's glam metal vibe and some strong punk influences is Lipstick's debut album all about. Taste it..... 

Rating : 8/10

Track Listing :
01. We’re Here To Rock You02. I Like The Way I Rock03. Alone04. Merle05. Having Fun06. The Conan Song07. I Want The World To Know08. The Flash09. Tonight10. Love One Another11. Rock N Roll Forever12. It’s Christmas (And You Don’t Want Me Here)
Special Edition Bonus Tracks:
13. Having Fun (Alternate Mix)14. Illium15. Fight Club16. I Want The World To Know (Alternate Take)






No comments:

Post a Comment