Saturday, August 30, 2014

CIMINO / Angels & Animals (2014)

My big thanks goes to Dave Tedder with whom these hard rock youngsters, CIMINO, came to my attention. This young band has already released a self-titled EP back in 2009 and a full-length record followed in 2012. And even though I haven't checked the band's earlier records, this new one, "Angels & Animals", took me by surprise.

Okay, it may not be original or something that I've never heard before but it sure sounds fresh with some really nice elements of the 80's hard rock scene. For example, "Anarchy", the opening tune is a really cool start with some nice guitars, a punchy sound, attitude and generally it is a track that will grab your attention at once! "Animal" has more edge, it is movin' to some more modern heavy rock paths while "Alive" is one of the album's highlights. Again a modern influenced rock track that includes a sweet melody, great arrangements and a cool harmony. "Sick", "Sexy Thang" and "Fame" all three are rocking in a good way but, when it comes to "Someday", we have another winner; this is a breathtaking mid-tempo, very Daughtry-ish, that made me push the repeat button over and over again!

Cimino with "Angels & Animals" achieved to pay my attention and to surprise me in such a good way. I really believe that this so talented band has a bright future and I'm looking forward to hearing more, bigger things, from them in the near future!
Heavy Paradise's Rating : 8/10

Track Listing :
1. Anarchy
2. Start All Over
3. Animal
4. Alive
5. Fame
6. Till I Forget My Name
7. Sick
8. Never
9. Sexy Thang
10. Someday
11. Shine 





No comments:

Post a Comment