Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Leslie West to release new studio album "Still Climbing"

Leslie West, the legendary guitarist, vocalist and original founding member of Mountain, will release a new studio album "Still Climbing" on October 28th via Provogue Records / Mascot Label Group.

Since his historic performance with Mountain at the 1969 Woodstock Festival, West has enjoyed a glittering career spanning over half a century, accomplished in spite of a life threatening battle with diabetes, which cost him his right leg in 2011 (shortly before the release of his “Unusual Suspects” album).

"I’m lucky it wasn’t one of my hands or I’d be screwed," says West. "It was a difficult struggle, and after the amputation I didn’t know whether I’d ever want to or be able to perform again. A month later I played at the Rock ‘n’ Roll Fantasy Camp in New York City, and I heard my guitar on stage and that was it. I knew I had to keep going."




Looked upon by West as a sequel to “Unusual Suspects”, which featured collaborations with the likes of Slash, Zakk Wylde, Steve Lukather, Joe Bonamassa and Billy Gibbons, “Still Climbing” sees West joining forces with Jonny Lang, Johnny Winter, Twisted Sister’s Dee Snider and Alter Bridge and Creed’s Mark Tremonti

Album Track Listing

01. Dyin’ Since The Day I Was Born (with special guest Mark Tremonti)
02. Busted, Disgusted or Dead (with special guest Johnny Winter)
03. Fade Into You
04. Not Over You At All
05. Tales Of Woe
06. Feeling Good (with special guest Dee Snider)
07. Hatfield or McCoy
08. When A Man Loves A Woman (with special guest Jonny Lang)
09. Long Red
10. Don’t Ever Let Me Go (with special guest Dylan Rose)

11. Rev Jones Time (Somewhere Over The Rainbow)







No comments:

Post a Comment