Wednesday, February 23, 2011

VAUGHN / FEARLESS (2001)

This is one of my favorite albums ever. I always loved Tyketto and Danny Vaughn's voice. "Fearless" was Vaughn's second solo album and probably his best solo work to date!

Great melodic rock in the vain of Tyketto. Maybe the guitar sound isn't so crunchy as Tyketto was but, overall, the album is full of great melodies, catchy songs but, most of all, great performances by Danny Vaughn. Back then, it was a big surprise for me that when I bought "Fearless" I felt that I had a new Tyketto album!

Danny Vaughn along with  Michael Arbeeny on drums, PJ Zitarosa on guitars, Jaimie Scott on bass and Kyle Cummings on keys create an album that till now is a 'classic' in Vaughn's catalogue! For me, this album could easily be the third Tyketto album. Danny Vaughn in his interview with Heavy Paradise said about this release :" the songs were written pretty quickly after the release of the previous album, "Soldiers And Sailors On Riverside". That album did pretty well and my record company wanted a follow up fairly quickly so a few of those songs were written in a day. But it is a lot of people's favorite of my albums so that's a really good feeling. I guess we work well under pressure". (http://heavyparadise.blogspot.com/2010/12/interview-with-danny-vaughn.html)

Bottom line is that "Fearless" is a great piece of melodic rock album. A must have for all Tyketto fans and a very good sample of how melodic rock should sounds!
HeavyParadise's Rating : 9/10

Tracks

1. Fearless 4:30 2. Haunted 4:07 3. Fly Away 3:41 4. A Million Miles of Road 3:49 5. Was There a Moment 3:37 6. When You Walk Away 4:24 7. Dulcimer Street 4:23 8. Just Like That 4:13 9. Carry Me Home 4:15


No comments:

Post a Comment