Monday, March 1, 2010

Bruce Kulick / Bk3 (2010)


Bruce Howard Kulick (born on December 12, 1953 in Brooklyn, New York) is an American guitarist and a member of the band Grand Funk Railroad. Previously Kulick had been a long time member of the band Kiss. When Kiss original members reunited in February 1996, Kulick left to form Union with John Corabi (Mötley Crüe's vocalist during Vince Neil's absence), Brent Fitz on drums; and James Hunting on bass. Three albums were forthcoming: Union, Live in the Galaxy and The Blue Room.
This is Kulick's third solo effort. The main thing with guitarists solo records is that you know what to expect, riffs and big solos.In "bk3" there are plenty of solos and riffs and there are also some good songs performed by great singers,to name a couple of them: John Corabi (ex-Motley Crue, Union) and Tobias Sammet (Edguy,Avantasia) .Also Gene Simmons and Steve Lukather participate in the record. The problem with this one is that I had high expectations from this release because in my opinion Bruce Kulick is a very good guitarist and songwriter, but I have to admit that after a few listenings to the album I'm not very content!! I'm not saying that it's a bad album ,maybe this one doesn't worked for my ears.But hey, that's only my opinion.
Overall a good hard rock album with some good tracks but nothin' breathtaking, for me!
HeavyParadise's Rating:6,5/10
Tracklist


1. Fate2. Ain’t Gonna Die3. No Friend Of Mine4. Hand Of The King5. I’ll Survive 6. Dirty Girl 7. Final Mile8. I’m The Animal9. And I Know10. Between The Lines11. Life12. Skydome


No comments:

Post a Comment