Wednesday, June 15, 2011

INTERVIEW WITH ROB MORATTI (Final Frontier, Saga)

Rob Moratti has probably one of the most recognisable voices in the melodic rock scene. Rob started his career professionally in the early 90's as the lead singer and songwritter of the band Moratti. Since then, he teamed up with songrwiter Mladen and together they formed Final Frontier. With Final Frontier, they released four amazing melodic rock albums that made an impact to the melodic rock world.

In 2008, the official announcement was made that Rob would be the lead singer of Saga. With Saga, he released the "The Human Condition" in 2009. Nowadays, Rob is back in business again with his long awaited solo album titled "Victory". Below, you are going to read the interview that Rob gave to Heavy Paradise and talked about Saga, Final Frontier, his new album and other interesting things. Enjoy...
heavy paradise : Hi Rob! I would like to thank you for accepting my invitation for this interview and to welcome you here in Heavy Paradise!

- ROB -Thank you so much Vasilhs. The pleasure is all mine.

heavy paradise: So, a solo album is on the way and from a small sample that I've heard it sounds brilliant! Can you tell me some things about your solo release?

- ROB - It's about as melodic as it can get. The record is filled with powerful songwriting and musicianship. Every song is carefully crafted and the production is world class.

heavy paradise : How long did they take the recordings of "Victory" ?

-ROB - Victory took a about three years because when I joined Saga I had to put my solo aside for almost two years....So really about a year and a half before completion.
heavy paradise: Your voice in one of the most recognizable and charismatic voices in the melodic rock scene! How do you maintain it?

-ROB - Thank you, I appreciate it so much. I usually maintain it with some vocal exercises and by staying hydatred and well rested is important for me. Unfortunately there aren't any secrets, lol!

heavy paradise: Final Frontier is a big chapter in your career. What went wrong and you guys didn't continue after four excellent efforts ?

-ROB - Yes, Final Frontier was a big part of me. Nothing went wrong at all . When I joined Saga I stayed committed and I couldn't do anything else outside of it.

heavy paradise : With Mladen you were a very succesfull duo. How are the relations between you and Mladen?

-ROB - Mladen and I are good friends, always. We still talk and we both have busy schedules but our friendship is solid.
heavy paradise: I think that every Final Frontier fan and, of course, every melodic rock fan would like to know if there is going to be a new band's record in the near future. Are we going to hear more from Final Frontier or this chapter is closed?

-ROB - Never say never is what I say. The chapter is not closed that's for sure. Only time will tell.

heavy paradise: You were the lead singer of Saga for one album. Your performances were once again great. Did you leave from Saga as a friend or were there other reasons?

-ROB - Thanks again. Honesty, I left in good terms and I still talk to a couple of the guys... we had a good run.
heavy paradise : Which are Rob Moratti's influences?

-ROB - I'm influenced from mostly all of the classic melodic bands that have some of the best singers... such as Queen, Styx, Journey, Foreigner, Toto...etc.
heavy paradise : How do you see the melodic rock scene nowadays? Do you believe that this scene has a lot more to offer?

-ROB - I think the melodic scene is still delivering some of the best music ever. I'll always believe it has alot more to offer and that's why I'm still doing what I do. Alot of great bands are still releasing good music.

heavy paradise : What about live performances? Is there any tour plan for the near future?

-ROB - I look forward to getting out there live...should be alot of fun. I'm working on something soon for some European dates.

heavy paradise: Is there any message that you want to say to your fans Rob?

-ROB - Victory is just the beginning and I hope to see you all on my next tour.

heavy paradise : Thank you so much Rob for this interview, it was a great pleasure to have you here in Heavy Paradise. I would like to wish you all the best for the future

-ROB - You're very welcome and thank you so much for having me.


No comments:

Post a Comment