Sunday, March 19, 2023

REVIEW : MIKE TRAMP, Songs Of White Lion (RELEASE DATE: April 14, 2023, Frontiers Music )

White Lion is a band that I grew up with. It is a band that will always have a precious place in my heart but also in my records collection. An amazing band, a unique singer and even more extraordinary guitarist (Vito Bratta) and some classic songs that stand proud through the test of time. 

I had the privilege to interview Mike Tramp (read the interview here) back in 2011 (whoa...time really flies fast) and that was, and still remains, a great honor for this webzine! 

As I mentioned above, White Lion with their music achieved to build a 'big' reputation around their name and I'm sure that they have more to give. But that was then and this now and now we have Mike Tramp with his brand new release entitled "Songs Of White Lion" that is going to be released through Frontiers Music this April (14th). 

"For me, the period of 1983-1991 was a once in a lifetime experience. Everything I did back then was for the first time, and even though it was beyond exciting and adventurous, when it came to an end, it was more than just the end of a band, it was also the end of a very specific time in my life that I had lived and been part of. Over the next 20 years, I would revisit that time in my life in small parts, but never felt 100% comfortable with it. I simply could not force myself to recreate what I once was," says Tramp.

"Now, here I am again, the year is 2023 and I have recorded an album of the 'big' White Lion songs as close to the originals as possible, but exploring small new parts that today I feel should be that way. I am not 26 anymore, I don't sing like I am 26, and I wouldn't be doing justice to the songs or myself if I tried to sing like I am 26. Today, I sing the songs that I wrote with Vito Bratta over 40 years ago exactly the way I am today. This is the only way I can embrace them and feel at home and be honest to myself and the songs," he concludes.

I'm 100% with Tramp here; he sings all those classic tunes with such a tenderness, passion and love as he did back then. The track list is almost perfect and I think that most of the White Lion fans will find their favourite songs here. The epic "Lady Of The Valley", the huge "Love Don't Come Easy", the anthems of "Wait" and "Little Fighter", "Broken Heart" and "Cry For Freedom"  are all here in this record just to remind us of how beautiful and unique White Lion's music was. 

This is a mandatory purchase for every nostalgic White Lion freak but also it's a big must have for the new melodic hard rock fans who want to listen quality and classic hard rock music. 


šŸ†  10 / 10 



Line-Up:
Mike Tramp - Vocals
Marcus Nand - Guitars
Claus Langeskov - Bass
Alan Tschicaja - Drums
Sebastian Groset - Keyboard
Christoffer Stjerne - Harmonies

Produced by: Soren Andersen & Mike Tramp

Social Media: 





No comments:

Post a Comment