Thursday, October 14, 2010

Heavy Paradise's interview with David Reece!

What can I say about David Reece?  A really great voice with some really great albums in the past! From the very good 'Eat The Heat' album with ACCEPT, in 1989, to the huge 'On Target' with BANGALORE CHOIR and his more recent work with GYPSY ROSE (Swe.), in whatever he is involved with, his performances are always passionate.
Nowadays, Reece is back with Bangalore Choir and their brand new effort, 'Cadence'. Below you can read all the interesting things that David told to me about the new Bangalore Choir album, today's music scene and his future plans!
 heavyparadise:  HEY DAVID, I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR ACCEPTING MY INVITATION FOR THIS INTERVIEW!

David Reece : My thanks to you and all of your readers for allowing me to share my story!

heavyparadise: FIRST OF ALL I WOULD LIKE TO TELL YOU THAT I LOVE THE 'ON TARGET' ALBUM!!! BUT I'M ALSO REALLY IMPRESSED ABOUT THE NEW BANGALORE CHOIR ALBUM. A FINE PIECE OF MELODIC HARD ROCK ALBUM WITH ATTITUDE. ARE YOU SATISFIED WITH THE REACTION OF THE FANS ABOUT THE NEW ALBUM?

David Reece :  Thanks,"On Target", I'm very proud of as well and the reaction to our new record "Cadence" has been really strong and positive worldwide so I'm really in a good place lately!

heavyparadise: I THINK THAT 'CADENCE' IS A GREAT MIX OF YOUR DEBUT WITH A FRESH PINCH. WHICH WERE YOUR EXPECTATIONS ABOUT THE SOUND OF 'CADENCE'?

David Reece : Well? in order to be Bangalore Choir you must remember where it started and thats "On Target" so we set out to keep some of those formulas and ideas but of course we have all grown musically and you can hear the old and the new on "Cadence"
heavyparadise: DURING THE LAST YEARS MORE AND MORE BANDS OF THE 80'S EARLY 90'S ARE BACK WITH A NEW ALBUM. HOW DO YOU SEE THE WHOLE SITUATION WITH THE COMEBACKS?

David Reece :  Hmmm? for me it's good because as you know in the 90's hard rock suffered greatly and to see alot of my friends from the early days coming back tells me theres a new life for music growing each day so I'm really excited to see where it goes.I would say that we must be careful not to over release our music and become boring again like what happened back in the day.

heavyparadise:  WHAT ARE YOUR INFLUENCES?

David Reece :  I actually started with country music as a boy in America singing with the old stars to their records but later was heavily influenced by Ian Gillan and Paul Rogers and of course Freddie Mercury.Today I like Myles Kennedy and Chris Cornell.

 heavyparadise: ARE THERE SOME SONGS OF 'CADENCE' THAT YOU LIKE BEST?

David Reece : I really like "Survival of the fittest" 'Dig Deep' and "Never say goodbye" personally but actually I love all the songs.

heavyparadise: WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN BEING A MUSICIAN TODAY AND TWENTY YEARS AGO?

David Reece :  Well the fight to keep going is seeming to be harder? with alot of clubs closing and radio changing everywhere?Also illegal downloading music is killing the industry for sure! I mean it's crazy some people download just to download and they can't humanly possiblly listen to all the music they steal! so I would say if people want bands to keep recording and touring they need to stop stealing music.

heavyparadise:  WHAT ARE YOUR FUTURE PLANS? ARE YOU PLANNING A NEW BANGALORE CHOIR ALBUM IN THE NEAR FUTURE?

David Reece :  Well, I'm recording now with my good friend Christian Tolle in his studio doing what is planned to be my next solo record but the songs are sounding like a new B.C. record so who knows if I'll save them for Bangalore Choir or release them as solo? but yes we do plan another release next year.


heavyparadise: DO YOU WANT TO SEND A MESSAGE TO YOU FANS IN GREECE?

David Reece :  my message to you is be strong as we hear around the world that your country is going through hard times as much of the world is nowadays and believe me when I say that without your support there would be no David Reece or Bangalore Choir and I thank you ALL!!

heavyparadise : Yes, the things in Greece may be difficult but I think that sooner or later we are going to get over it, somehow!  Thanx David!

visit David Reece here : http://www.reeceworld.com/  http://www.bangalorechoir.com/

4 comments:

  1. It's reminds me of his nice solo effort "Universal Language" ... In addition, David is a nice guy ;) Cool itw :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Axl, David is a really nice guy and the new Bangalore Choir effort is a very good one.
    Thanx man!

    ReplyDelete