Thursday, October 31, 2013

BURNING KINGDOM / SIMPLIFIED (2013)

Melodic hard rockers Burning Kingdom are back with a new album and an ace up on their sleeve; Mr. Danny 'Forever Young' Vaughn of Tyketto on lead vocals. I have to admit that the two previous Burning Kingdom efforts were both solid recordings with some strong moments in them; this new one is a superb slice of melodic hard rock at its finest and Danny Vaughn's performances givin' the extra flavor to take this little gem in to a higher level.

All of the songs here are written by Burning Kingdom's mastermind Manuel Seoane and Danny Vaughn. As I said above, the amazing performances by the Tyketto's voice Danny Vaughn are top notch and in many parts it reminded me a bit of Tyketto's first two albums. The guitar playing is stunning and the rhythm section is tight. All of the tracks here are killers and, in my humble opinion, there's not a single bad moment or something average. The mix of the 80's, early 90's hard rock sound along with an updated sound make this album a must have for each and every single fan of this particular scene. The highlights here? Many, if you ask me, but I would refer in the stunning first video-single of "Watching As It Burns" which is an ass-kickin' rocker with passionate vocals and a great rhythm, the brilliant power ballad of "I Will Fight No More Forever", the ultra-catchy tune of "Simplified", the Van Halen-esque "That's My Boogie", "Killing Time" and my personal favorite "The One That Almost Got Away".

Solid, tight and with an 80's vibe "Simplified" comes down to earth to shake our world and to remind us why we love this music so much. There is nothing more to add to this really stunning hard rock album except that; buy it now!!!
Heavy Paradise's Rating : 9,5/10



Tracklist:

1. Stay Awake (Intro)
2. Watching As It Burns
3. From On High
4. That's My Boogie
5. The One That Almost Got Away
6. We Are A Wall
7. I Will Fight No More Forever
8. Falling Down
9. Killing Time
10. Skeleton Tribe
11. Simplified
https://www.facebook.com/bkoficial


No comments:

Post a Comment