Monday, July 4, 2011

NIGHT RANGER / SOMEWHERE IN CALIFORNIA (2011)

Night Ranger were always a kinda of 'super' group 'cause of the participation of some great and very talented musicians. I own some of the band's earlier recordings but I was never a die-hard fan. I consider this band as one of the bands that even though they had a huge talent, in the end they didn't make it to become big rock stars!

A couple of months ago,  I saw the video of "Growin' Up In California" and I have to say that I was so impressed of how good this song sounded! A totally hard rockin' tune with a fresh air and a huge guitar sound that made me curious of how this brand new album would sound. Now that I have listen the whole album so many times I have to say that the wait is over! I dont know about you people, but for me this album it's the perfect soundtrack for this summer! It has everything that a melodic rock fan could ask for; huge melodies, great guitar work, perfect harmonies, catchy and memorable chorus lines and a solid production! The highlights here? Hmmm, it's a difficult thing to do when it comes to albums like this one, for albums that there is no filler in sight! I think that this year, musically, is comin' better and better.

Bottom line is that this album rocks big time! Everything here is perfectly balanced and the final result will please every single fan of pure melodic rock sound. A must have and for sure one of the highlights this year!
HeavyParadise's Rating: 9/10

TRACK LIST : 01 - Growin' Up In California, 02 - Lay It On Me, 03 - Bye Bye Baby (Not Tonight), 04 - Follow Your Heart, 05 - Time Of Our Lives, 06 - No Time To Lose Ya, 07 - Live For Today, 08 - It's Not Over, 09 - End Of The Day, 10 - Rock N' Roll Tonite, 11 - Say It With Love



No comments:

Post a Comment