Monday, April 25, 2011

BULLET / HIGHWAY PIRATES (2011)

This is album number three for these Swedish heavy rockers Bullet! The fact is that before now I haven't heard anything from the band's earlier recordings. So, I'm new to this band but I, also, have to admit that I'm liking of what I'm hearing! This band seems tight as hell and the sound is a great mix of old school heavy metal with a strong dose of hard rock ala AC/DC!

The track that opens the album is the title track, "Highway Pirates". A really strong heavy riffing tune which is gettin bettter and better every single time you hear it. A such cool way to kick start this release. "Back On The Road" sounds like a leftover from an earlier AC/DC release while "Stay Wild" is a nice rocker that  has a nice change of energy during the track. "Fire And Dynamite" is, maybe, one of the best songs here. It starts slowely and grows nicely into a huge track. Well done! Other highlights here are the AC/DC-ish, again, "Heavy Metal Dynamite", "Citylights" and "Into The Night".

Overall this is an interesting release. As I said, this is my first Bullet album and from tomorrow you bet that I'll start finding the band's earlier releases. I'm glad that I have discovered a band that is playin' heart and soul and delivers an album full of attitude and some great songs to bang your head.
HeavyParadise's Rating : 8/10

TRACK LIST : 01. Highway Pirates, 02. Back On The Road, 03. Stay Wild, 04. Blood Run Hot, 05. Fire And Dynamite, 06. Down And Out, 07. Knuckleduster, 08. Heavy Metal Dynamite, 09. Citylights, 10. Into The Night

No comments:

Post a Comment