Thursday, June 23, 2011

REECE - KRONLUND / SOLID (2011)

The title says it all! Singer David Reece (ex-Accept, Bangalore Choir) and producer / guitarist Martin Kronlund (Gypsy Rose, Dogface e.t.c.) collaborate here and deliver an album that will please every single fan of this gerne. The two artists collaborate for the first time in Gypsy Roses' (Sweden) second release which was titled "Another World". Since then, their friendship and musical chemistry continue till now.


So, what we are going to hear from this one is a solid hard rock album full of harmonies, huge melodic lines, powerfull vocals by a very charismatic singer and an impressive guitar work from one of the best guitar players in the world. Plus a very good production and there you have a very good effort in the best European tradition. After a lot of listenings, I really didn't find a single filler here! Every track is well-crafted and it gives the opinion that this is a real band and not only a side project from these two very talented musicians. "My Angel Wears White", "Samurai", "I Remember You", "I Would" and "Magic Puddin´" are my personal favorite tracks from "Solid".
That doesn't mean that the rest of the tracks lack power or melodies. As I already said it above, every track here has something different to offer and make this release a must have for the fans of European melodic rock. Well done!!!
HeavyParadise's Rating : 8/10

TRACK LIST : 01 - My Angel Wears White, 02 - Samurai, 03 - Could This Be Madness, 04 - Animals And Cannibals, 05 - I Remember You, 06 - Paint The Mirror Black, 07 - I Would, 08 - Edge Of Heaven, 09 - Magic Pudding, 10 - The Dead Shall Walk The Earth



No comments:

Post a Comment