Saturday, March 19, 2016

REVIEW : ECLIPSE / ARMAGEDDONIZE (Deluxe Edition - 2016)

Eclipse is without any doubt one of  today's hottest names in the melodic hard 'n' heavy scene. Erik Martensson's talent allowed them to rocket high into a higher level regarding the compositions, the melodies, the songs and generally everything around this band sounds perfect!! Eclipse's latest album, "Armageddonize", was a superb sample of what I mentioned above and climbed in #1 position in Heavy Paradise's 2015's Top List.

Nowadays, the band is releasing this gem in a Deluxe Edition with many goodies that will attract not only Eclipse fans but every hard 'n' heavy freak out there. First of all, it includes the huge anthem of "Runaways", a song that composed by Eclipse exclusively for their Melodifestivalen appearance at the Gavlerinken Arena in Gävle. This is a kinda of tune that grabs you at once and leaves you hungry for more! It includes a such a catchy chorus line that makes you sing-a-long for days.

For the rest of"Armageddonize" tracks, I have already praised them in my last year's review ( http://heavyparadise.blogspot.gr/2015/01/review-eclipse-armageddonize-2015.html ). The 10 out of 10 rating that I gave reflected my feelings about this gem of an album. As for this Deluxe Edition, you can also find a bonus cd that includes live tunes but 5 bonus tracks as well!!! There are three acoustic tunes ( "The Storm", "Battlegrounds" and "I Don't Wanna Say I'm Sorry") and two bonuses (Come Hell Or High Water &  Into The Fire) that are both pure melodic heavy rock bliss.

All in all this is a brilliant double album that the sure thing is that will please each and every single fan of the band and a great start for someone to discover one of today's best melodic hard/metal bands.

Rating : 10/10

Track Listing :
 CD 1
1. I Don't Wanna Say I'm Sorry
2. Stand On Your Feet
3. Runaways (New Track)
4. The Storm
5. Blood Enemies
6. Wide Open
7. Live Like I'm Dying
8. Breakdown
9. Love Bites
10. Caught Up In The Rush
11. One Life - My Life
12. All Died Young



CD 2
1. I Don't Wanna Say I'm Sorry (Live)
2. Stand On Your Feet (Live)
3. Wake Me Up (Live)
4. The Storm (Live)
5. Battlegrounds (Live)
6. Breakdown (Live)
7. Wide Open (Live)
8. Blood Enemies (Live)
9. Ain't Dead Yet (Live)
10. Bleed & Scream (Live)
11. Breaking My Heart Again (Live)
BONUS TRACKS:
12. Come Hell Or High Water (
B-side) 
13. Into The Fire (
B-side) 
14. The Storm (Acoustic)**
15. I Don't Wanna Say I'm Sorry (Acoustic)**
16. Battlegrounds (Acoustic)**
** Japan 






No comments:

Post a Comment