Friday, March 29, 2013

N.O.W. / BOHEMIAN KINGDOM (2013)

N.O.W. is the band of the Brazilian bassist Alec Mendoza and this is its second effort after the good debut. The vocals are handled by the well-known vocalist Philip Bardowell of Unruly Child and the rest of the band consists of Juno Moraes on guitars, Jean Barros on keyboards and Diogo Macedo on drums.



Their first album was, as I said above, a good one but this new one is a step above! Yes, the songwriting is tighter this time, the vocal performances are, once again, amazing, the songs are catchier and the production is solid. The album has this time some really enjoyable and catchy tracks such as the amazing, and my personal favorite, tune of "Don't Go Now", the up-tempo "Marry-Ann" with a sax flavor in it, the great opener of "I'm Alive" and the harder edged tune of "I Fell Divine".  Another strong moment of the album is the power and bluesy ballad of "Strong Enough".

I really didn't find any weak moment here and perhaps "Bohemian Kingdom" isn't something new or breathtaking either. The sure thing is that this is a solid album full of plenty of melodies, great performances and some memorable tunes that I can't keep myself of whistling for days. For all the fans of pure AOR sound, you should check this album out. As for me, I have to say that N.O.W. have earned a new fan! Well done!!
Heavy Paradise's Rating : 8/10

Track List :
01. I'm Alive
02. I Feel Divine
03. Don't Go Now
04. Strong Enough
05. Mary-Ann
06. Tonight Is The Night
07. Bohemian Kingdom
08. Leon's Going Soft
09. Cassie's Dream
10. No One Can Feel It's Over



No comments:

Post a Comment