Sunday, September 2, 2012

NASTY IDOLS / KALIFORNIA (2012)

Firstly, let me start this review by sayin' that I grew up with bands such as Motley Crue, White Lion, Danger Danger, Skid Row, TNT, Harem Scarem, Poison and Nasty Idols. This band has a special place in my heart but, also, in my childhood years with its album "Cruel Intension".



I, also, had the pleasure to interview Andy Pierce last year and it was a damn fine interview (read here !). I have every single album that this band has ever released and I was glad that Nasty Idols comeback with their latest release "Boys Town" in 2009. So, nowadays, and this ass-kick band is back once again with its brand new album which is titled "Kalifornia".

Andy's voice is on top form and the rest of the band is tight delivering another one fine piece of sleaze heavy rock stuff. "No Rules" is the album's opener and let me tell ya that is a great way to start "Kalifornia". "Nightstalkin'" is a darker tune and has a really nice groove while "Night By Night" will be for sure a future classic track!! Classic Nasty Idols with strong arrangements and a killer chorus line! Fantastic!! "Sister Sin" is another highlight from the new album. It looks like it came out from the band's brilliant "Cruel Intension". The heavy in-your-face "Jack In The Box" is one of my favourite tunes here.

Closing, I have to say that I'm impressed once again from these veteran Swedes. There are a lot of new sleaze heavy rock bands out there, that's truth, but Nasty Idols won't leave their crown so easily. Well done!
Heavy Paradise's Rating : 8/10

Track List :
1. No More Rules
2. Kalifornia
3. 1969 (This Ain't The Summer Of Love)
4. Night By Night
5. Nightstalkin'
6. Sister Sin
7. Pleasure Of The 
8. Roadtrip
9. Sweet Suicide
10. Jack In The Box
11. Since U Been Gone 

No comments:

Post a Comment