Friday, December 24, 2010

FAMOUS STATEMENTS PART I

As I already said in a previous post, this year was a great one for HeavyParadise. A lot of great releases, news but, also, some really great interviews from great musicians! I really appreciate when musicians respond positive to an interview request. It shows that they are still hungry to share their passion with their fans. I had the honor to interview some of my all time rock 'heroes' during this season but, also, some musicians who are ready to build a reputation round their name! So, below you are going to read some parts of this year's interviews that rocked in a unique way.....enjoy......
- Danny Vaughn (Tyketto, From The Inside, solo) -
Heavy Paradise : If you had the chance to go back to these days, is there anything that you would like to change?

D.V. : Some of my clothes!!!!! Green spandex? What was I thinking? I guess if I could change anything I would turn back time and get the first Tyketto album released in 1988 instead of 1991. I think the band would have been huge if we had come out a little earlier.
http://heavyparadise.blogspot.com/2010/12/interview-with-danny-vaughn.html
- Tony Harnell (TNT, Starbreaker, Westworld) -
Heavy Paradise:  TNT have a new singer, Tony Mills. My opinion is that Mills was the best choice that the band took after your departure. My only arguement is that the band's first two releases with Mills were far away from the classic TNT sound. What's your opinion about that?

T.H. : I don't listen to their music since I left so I can't comment. I suggested Mills to the band before I departed and I'm glad it worked out for them. TNT in this moment is not really a concern of mine.
http://heavyparadise.blogspot.com/2010/11/interview-with-tony-harnell.html
-Ted Poley (Danger Danger, solo)-
Heavy Paradise: I have to say that you are probably one of these artists that during the years never changed your style/sound a lot.

T.P. : THANK YOU! , I AM VERY PROUD OF THAT. THATS WHY I HAVE SUCH NICE LOYAL FANS AROUND THE WORLD, THEY KNOW I DONT CHANGE TO TRY TO GET NEW FANS, I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE ONES I HAVE ALREADY!
http://heavyparadise.blogspot.com/2010/11/heavy-paradises-interview-with-ted.html 

-Michael Bormann (ex-Jaded Heart, The Sygnet, solo, Redrum, Rain e.t.c.)-
Heavy Paradise :With your departure, it has been a big change to the Jaded Heart sound. The guys followed a more heavy sound. How do you see the after Bormann Jaded Heart era?

M.B. : Actually there is no JH era....They damaged the great reputation, that the band had. Please let's not forget. that JH was my music! And in the end of course a bit of Barish! But let's leave the church in the village, as we Germans say...;-) ha ha ha ha....Sorry to say, but now there's not even one songwritter in the band. And you see what happens, when five cooks try to salt a soup ;-)...
http://heavyparadise.blogspot.com/2010/11/michael-bormanns-interview-by-heavy.html

- Ivan Gunn (Pride, Balance Of power, Faithealer) -
Heavy Paradise: Nowadays, is it hard for a band to get a good record deal?

I.G. : ITS IMPOSSIBLE FOR MOST BANDS, IM LUCK IN THAT I HAVE WORKED GETTING DEALS FOR BANDS FOR OVER 20 YEARS AND HAVE GOOD TRACK RECORDS AS REGARDS SALES AND QUALITY OF MUSIC SO IN JAPAN AT LEAST I HAVE THE ABILITY TO GET US A DEAL THIS TIME WITH KING RECORDS BUT IN THE REST OF THE WORLD DO BANDS REALLY NEED LABELS?
http://heavyparadise.blogspot.com/2010/12/interview-with-ivan-gunn-faithealer.html
-David Reece (Bangalore Choir, Accept)-
heavyparadise: DO YOU WANT TO SEND A MESSAGE TO YOU FANS IN GREECE?

David Reece : my message to you is be strong as we hear around the world that your country is going through hard times as much of the world is nowadays and believe me when I say that without your support there would be no David Reece or Bangalore Choir and I thank you ALL!!
http://heavyparadise.blogspot.com/2010/10/heavy-paradises-interview-with-david.html

-Johnny Lima (solo)-
Heavy Paradise : If you had to release an album with covers only, what will they? Which are your influences?

J.L. : Funny you mention this, as I was having a discussion with some people on my Artist page on Facebook. I was asking them if I were to make a covers album, which songs did they think would be good for it. They gave me a lot of good ideas. Here's just a few that I think would be cool to do:
Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield, If You Could Only See by Tonic, Tough Guys by Reo Speedwagon, I Love Rock 'n Roll by Joan Jett, Lady Strange by Def Leppard.........Just to name a few.



Coming next to Heavy Paradise:
Interview with Dave Rox from WHELLS OF FIRE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment