Friday, October 1, 2010

Frontline / Circles (2006)

This is the album that mixed up the feelings of the die hards of the band! For me, it was always a great pleasure to have a new Frontline album. "Circles" was the band's last release back in 2006 and I have to admit that back then, in 2006, when I put this cd into my cd player I was bit confused with the band's new musical direction. But after all those years this album is often into my cd player and I'm still enjoying of listen it. So, the question is 'what was the thing that mixed-up the feelings of the die hards?" . The answer is simple. In 'Circles' the sound is heavier, some guitar parts are low tuned and the vocals in some of the songs are more aggressive! But even if this album is different from their previous efforts, still it's 100% Frontline. Don't expect a totally modern sound in this one, no way! The big hooks and melodic choruses are here, the huge guitar work from Frontline's mastermind Robby Boebel is still here and some really breathtakin' tracks are here too!! My opinion is that in 'Circles' you can find a couple of fillers but also a couple of average tracks too. But the rest of the tracks are all excellent pieces of melodic hard rock at its best. Songs like the heavy opener "No One", the rythmic "Save Me", the incredible melody of "Did You Ever (Taste The Pain) ", "Say, What You Have To Say " and the two superb melodic anthems of "Don't Run Away" & "It Is You" are all tunes that showing the abilities of this excellent band. All in all this is another one great release from Frontline. Taste it!
HeavyParadise's Rating :7,5/10 (and 9/10 for the highlights!)
Tracks
1. No One 2. I Give You The Rest 3. Save Me 4. Did You Ever (Taste The Pain) 5. Say, What You Have To Say 6. Don't Run Away7. Hunter  8. Into Deep 9. It Is You 10. My Vision


No comments:

Post a Comment