Saturday, July 31, 2010

Black Label Society / Blessed Hellride (2003)

This is a really cool effort from Zakk Wylde and his gang. I'm a huge fan of Zakk's guitar playing, in the Ozzy's days, but I have to say that I'm not a big fan of Zakk's band. I don't know why, but something about this band doesn't make me go nuts. By the way, I like this album a lot. Zakk's voice here sounds better and the Ozzy-esque influences are bigger, but who cares! The guitar work is 'fat' and has an overall big-pumpin' sound (as always). Highlights for me are the "Destruction Overdrive" which reminds the glory Ozzy dayz, the 'modern' rockier tune of "We Live No More", the huge opener and really aggressive "Stoned And Drunk" and " Stillborn".
All in all this is a solid heavy album. If you are a fan a Zakk Wylde's music, then you are probably bought this album. If you are looking for a really heavy but with a modern twist album take a listen to this effort.
HeavyParadise's Rating: 7/10

tracks: 1. Stoned And Drunk, 2. Doomsday Jesus, 3. Stillborn, 4. Suffering Overdue, 5. The Blessed Hellride, 6. Funeral Bell, 7. Final Solution, 8. Destruction Overdrive, 9. Blackened Waters, 10. We Live No More, 11. Dead Meadow

No comments:

Post a Comment