Saturday, March 27, 2010

N.O.W. / Force Of Nature (2010)

N.O.W. is a band consist of Alec MendonĪ·a (producer/songwriter/bass player), the well known from Unruly Child's third album Philip Bardowell on lead vocals, Carlos Ivan & Caio de Carvalho on guitars,  Erik Leal on drums and Jean Barros on Keyboards. The sound of the album is pure AOR with some heavier guitars at moments and really nice work on  keyboards. The fact is that I had high expectations from this release. From the samples that I heard, I thought that this have been a highlight for this year's top10 race!
I'm not saying that is a bad record but the fact is that something is missing. Philip Bardowell's vocals are super, the keys are very nice, as I said above, but I think that the one missing are the big choruses. Yes, even if this album is very melodic from start to finish, you can't find a song that will stick to your mind. Overall a good release.
HeavyParadise's Rating: 6,5/10
Tracklist


1. Can’t Make It (How Can I?) 2. Listen To Your Heart 3. Lonely Soul 4. Once That Feeling Comes Again
5. You 6. Idol’s Grace 7. Peace Of Mind 8. The Long Hard Way 9. Hail Mary 10. I’m Free (But Not Ready To Go)11. Midnight Call 12. No Time For Goodbyes

No comments:

Post a Comment