Sunday, March 28, 2010

Melodica / Long Way From Home (2000)

Melodica was the band of the mighty Ted Poley (best known from the super group Danger Danger) with German national Gerhard Pilcher. I'm a big fan of Poley's work with DD and his solo stuff. When this album came into my hands  back in 2000, I was happy about that. But after a few listenings I was a bit confused. I really like the music of Melodica's debut album, the guitars and the songwriting are very good. The main problem is with Poley's voice!!! He is so out of tune in some parts it's almost laughable. I can't imagine which was the problem and the final result is so bad, maybe the low budget?  I don't know. Overall this is a good album, musically, but with a bad production and low performances from Mr. Poley.
HeavyParadise's Rating: 5/10
Tracks


1. It's Not Enough 2. Never Let You Go 3. Come Running 4. Best Friend 5. Hardest Part of Love 6. Forget About You 7. Playing With Fire 8. Long Way From Home 9. Sleeping With the Enemy 10. Take Me Away 11. A Long Time Ago


No comments:

Post a Comment