Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Jaded Heart / Sinister Mind (2007)


“Sinister Mind” is the follow-up to “Helluva Time”  and the second album with Johan Fahlberg on lead vocals. Also in this one the guitarist and one of the main songwriters, Barish Kepic is out of the band.
The previous effort,“Helluva Time”, was a very enjoyable album with some great tracks in it. This time “Sinister Mind” is heavier and it seems that a lot of the elements of their previous albums, such as the big choruses and melodies,has gone. Ok there are some strong songs here like “Hero” , “Hellucinate” and “Always On My Mind” but the rest of the album is a bit boring. Overall a good release from Jaded Heart. 7/10
Tracklist1. Hero2. Justice Is Deserved3. Sinister Mind4. Going Under5. See The Light6. Open Your Eyes
7. My Eager’s Red8. Always On My Mind9. Heavenly Devotion10. To Please And Give In11. Hellucinate
12. Crush That Fear




2 comments:

  1. Have you forgotten other best tracks with chorus as "Sinister Mind", "Justice Is Deserved" or "Crush That Fear" ?
    I love the song "Sinister Mind" : more than great ... perfect stuff !
    If I've something to tell you mister Guitarman, it's "try it again" ;)

    As i've put for your review of Helluva Time, here my french review of Sinister Mind (in french) : http://rockmeeting.com/index.php/hard-rock-heavy-metal/cd-reviews/793-jaded-heart-sinister-mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm,I don't know but this album didn't work for me.I think that their latest effort "perfect insanity" its far better... very good melodic metal stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete