Wednesday, January 26, 2011

TNT / A FAREWELL TO ARMS (2011)

TNT holds a special place in my heart. I grew up with TNT's music and I believe that albums like "Intuition", "Tell No Tales", "My Religion" are written once in a lifetime. I'm also a huge Tony Harnell's fan and I have to admit that I was disappointed when Harnell left TNT.

The new singer for this great band was Tony Mills, well known for his work with Brit rockers SHY. I like Tony Mills voice a lot and I love some of SHY's earlier works. With Tony Mills as their lead singer, TNT released "The New Territory" in 2007. An overall decent album but nothin' breathtakin'. In 2008, Ronni LeTekro and his boys released the "Atlantis" album! Maybe the album that mixed-up the feelings of their fans the most. So, now TNT are back with their new effort which is titled "A Farewell To Arms".

Finally, TNT are back with some big melodies and hooks that reminds the band's glorious days! Some really huge solos and riffs from Ronnie LeTekro are here, some instant classics are, also here, and the band seems that is tryin' to bring back their fans that they have lost with their two latest efforts. For sure this ain't a new "Intuition" or "Tell No Tales" but, for sure, is a pretty good effort that will please the fans of this band.

HeavyParadise's Rating: 7,5 / 10

track list : 01 - Engine, 02 - Refugee, 03 - Ship In The Night, 04 - Take It Like A Man - Woman!, 05 - Come, 06 - Barracuda, 07 - A Signature On A Demon's Self Portrait, 08 - Don't Misunderstand Me, 09 - A Farewell To Arms, 10 - Someone Else, 11 - God Natt, Marie, 12 - Not Only Lonely (Japan Bonus Track)

3 comments:

  1. Why're people always comparing new release with old release ?!? :o It's a excellent opus, and THAT'S ALL ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I said, I love TNT (Harnell era).But I also like SHY's album..The problem is that when you stick with a band for many years...it's a bit difficult to accept a change of line-up! It sounds like a brand new band. BTW this new effort is solid, nothin' more nothin' less ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This album rocks. TNT has not let me down yet!

    ReplyDelete