Monday, January 24, 2011

KAMELOT / POETRY FOR THE POISONED (2010)

This is a very good album. The fact is that I'm not a big Kamelot fan but I own the band's previous release "Ghost Opera", which was pretty good in it's final result. After all the great reviews that "Poetry For The Poisoned" received, I decided to buy the album and listen to it. After a couple of months playin' the cd, I have to say that I like it a lot! Huge melodies, heavy riffs, amazing performances and a couple of famous guests make this album a must have for the fans of this band!

The album starts with the impressive "The Great Pandemonium". A solid track with an inspired chorus line makes this track a classic from this release. The second song, "If Tomorrow Came" is good heavy-power metal tune while "The Zodiac" is simply amazing! It's a mid-tempo track and features the mighty Jon Oliva (in the role of a serial killer!!!) but, also, Amanda Somerville which take some vocal duties! Another highlight from "Poetry For The Poisoned" is "House On The Hill". A really beautiful ballad with beautiful melodies and great arrangements. In this track we, also, find Simone Simmons (EPICA) that gives a helping hand with her brilliant voice. One of my favourite tracks here. In 'Hunter's Season" the lead solo belongs to GUS G. (Ozzy Osbourne, Firewind). The cover tune of "Where The Wild Roses Grow" is also a highlight!! There are also a couple of average tunes but don't bother me at all 'cause the final result pleases me.

All in all this is a very interesting release from a band that till' now their music was not familiar to me.

HeavyParadise's Rating :7,5/10

 Tracklist:
1. The Great Pandemonium, 2. If Tomorrow Came, 3. Dear Editor, 4. The Zodiac, 5. Hunter’s Season, 6. House On A Hill, 7. Necropolis, 8. My Train Of Thoughts, 9. Seal Of Woven Years, 10. Poetry For The Poisoned Pt I Incubus, 11. Poetry For The Poisoned Pt II So Long, 12. Poetry For The Poisoned Pt III All Is Over, 13. Poetry For The Poisoned Pt IV Dissection, 14. Once Upon A Time, 15. Where The Wild Roses Grow (bonus)

No comments:

Post a Comment