Thursday, September 11, 2014

Jimmy Barnes celebrates 30 years as a solo artist with new star studded album + EPK!

This year marks the 30th anniversary of Jimmy Barnes’ debut as a solo recording artist, and to celebrate this extraordinary milestone, Jimmy has recorded HINDSIGHT, his 15th studio album.

In his own words, “At this time 30 years ago, I’d just left Cold Chisel. It was a frightening world out there. I was wondering what I was going to do and how it was going to work. Luckily for me, I had a great ally, partner and sounding board in Michael Gudinski.

“I think we finished the last of [Chisel’s] The Last Stand shows in December ’83 and I was on tour and road-testing songs by February/March ’84, then in the studio recording in April, so we didn’t muck about at all. “I was trying to do something special for the 30th anniversary. Chisel did Standing On The Outside, where we got a lot of our favourite bands to record our songs. It’s a great idea, but everyone’s been doing it. And, that idea took me out of the picture. So I thought, I’ll get all my favourite acts and I’ll get to sing with them! It’s either me beingthe singer, or doing duets.”



Tracklist
1. Lay Down Your Guns (w/ The Living End)
2. Time Will Tell (w/ The Baby Animals)
3. Good Times (w/ Keith Urban)
4. Ride The Night Away (w/ Steven van Zandt)
5. Stand Up (w/ Mahalia Barnes + The Soul Mates)
6. I'd Die To Be With You Tonight (w/ Diesel)
7. Stone Cold (w/ Tina Arena and Joe Bonamassa)
8. Working Class Man (w/ Jonathan Cain and Ian Moss)
9. Going Down Alone (w/ Neal Schon and Jonathan Cain)
10. Love And Hate (w/ Shihad)
11. No Second Prize
12. I'd Rather Be Blind (w/ Jon Stevens)
13. When Your Love Is Gone

14. The Other Kind




No comments:

Post a Comment