Monday, December 27, 2010

SHYLOCK / RockBuster (2010)

German melodic hard rockers Shylock have been around for over a decade and "RockBuster" is their new album. I can't say that I'm following this band since their creation but I have to say that I own a couple of Shylock albums.

"Damn Good" is the track that opens RockBuster. What an amazing tune!! It's a pure melodic hard rock bliss with a catchy chorus line. "Dawn" is an average, bit modern, rocker with a heavier rhythm. The band covers Timex Social Club's anthem "Rumors"! Even if this pick is a bit strange, I have to say that this cover song rocked me for good. "Sunshine vs Rain" is a mid-tempo rocker, ala Fair Warning/Bonfire German hard rock school, with a really nice melody. "Just For You" is , again, a modern rockier tune with a heavy riffing. "Much" is an ok track with a Bonfire vibe in it! "Rose Of Cairo" has a serpent snake charmer in it and "Strong" is one of my favourite tunes from RockBuster.

All in all this is a pretty good effort from Shylock. It is melodic, heavy and modern in a beautiful way. A couple of average/bad tunes don't bother me here. For fans of Bonfire, Fair Warning or even modern Europe this is a must have!
HeavyParadise's Rating :7/10
CD Track List:


01. Damn Good 02. Dawn 03. Rumours 04. Sunshine Vs. Rain 05. Just 4 U 06. Much 07. Rose Of Cairo 08. Strong 09. Somebody Else 10. The Moment 11. We Are 12. Wrong Planet Japanese Bonus Tracks:
13. Hey U 14. When The Road Is Getting Rough

No comments:

Post a Comment