Saturday, October 9, 2010

Gotthard / Lipservice (2005)

I have to admit that it's a strange thing to review a Gotthard's album after the tragic news about Steve Lee's sudden loss, but the sure thing is that life goes on.

"Lipservice" was released back in 2005 and was a damn fine one! A back to their more hard rockin' days, after a couple of softer efforts. The new band member for this one was Freddy Scherer, as a second guitarist. In my opinion the guitar sound in 'Lipservice' is bigger and it seems that the new member gave to the band a brand new 'air'. The sound here is a bit updated with some new ideas but overall 100% Gotthard! Steve Lee's vocals are, as always, superb and the band seems tighter than ever. The songs are all catchy with memorable chorus lines and a very dynamic rhythm. You won't find some big guitar solos in this album but the strength of the songs overbalance the lack of the solos.

Some excellent tunes such as 'I'm Alive', 'Anytime Anywhere', 'Lift U Up', 'I Wonder' and 'I've Seen an Angel Cry'  make this album a big must have not only for every Gotthard fan but also for every fan of pure and well played melodic hard rock.
HeavyParadise's Rating: 9/10

Tracks


1. All We Are 2. Dream On 3. Lift U Up 4. Everything I Want 5. Cupid's Arrow 6. I Wonder 7. I'm Alive 8. I've Seen an Angel Cry 9. Stay for the Night 10. Anytime Anywhere 11. Said and Done 12. The Other Side of Me 13. Nothing Left at All 14. And then Goodbye 15. Can't Stop bonus track of limited digipack edition 16. Lift U Up bonus video-clip of limited digipack edition

1 comment:

  1. oh yeah one of their best.
    sad sad things happened. :-(

    ReplyDelete