Monday, July 5, 2010

House of Lords / Cartesian Dreams (2009)

"House of Lords" refuse to slow down! After the huge release of "World Upside Down" and the very good "Come to My Kingdom" album, it's time for "Cartesian Dreams". I have to admit that when I first listened it,  my feelings was a bit mixed up, I mean that I wasn't blown away like with "World Upside Down". But after some more listenings, I discovered a very mature album with some really huge tracks. In "Cartesian Dreams" the sound is a bit heavier than in the last two ones and I really like it. The only problem here is that the production is not as good as in their previous albums and also there are a couple of fillers. But who cares? The rest of the album is very good to excellent in some places, so these two problems are not bother me at all! Born To Be Your Baby , Desert Rain, The Bigger They Come, Saved By Rock and Bangin' are the highlights here. So, all in all this is another very good release from House Of Lords, and with albums like that it's sure that this band will be in the music scene for a long long time. Well done.
HeavyParadise's Rating: 8/10
Tracks


1. Cartesian Dreams 2. Born To Be Your Baby 3. Desert Rain 4. Sweet September 5. Bangin' 6. A Simple Plan 7. Never Look Back  8. The Bigger They Come 9. Repo Man 10. Saved By Rock 11. Joanna 12. The Train bonus track

No comments:

Post a Comment