Sunday, May 2, 2010

TNT / New Territory (2007)

This is the first record for Norwegian hard rockers TNT without their original vocalist Tony Harnell. Lets face it, Harnell's high pitched vocals were a big trademark for TNT's sound. When I first heard "New Territory" my feelings were mixed. Was like a totally new band. Where are the huge choruses of their earlier recordings, where are the melodic lines and the amazing inspired solos and riffs of the past? Don't get me wrong, I like Tony Mills's voice, a lot. I' m a big fan of Shy's records. But this one is not TNT or Shy! It's a well played album with some fair enough good tunes but the whole result didn't worked for me. And I'm not saying that an artist should not experiment, it's good to make some steps forward, it shows maturity, but this one at least for me it's not maturity! But hey, that's only my opinion. All in all this is an album that reminds more the solo works of Mr. LeTekro than the earlier huge TNT albums.
HeavyParadise's Rating: 4,5/10
Tracks

1. A Constitution 4:14 2. Substitute 2:42 3. Are You Blind? 3:50 4. Golden Opportunity 3:27 5. Something Special 3:22 6. Now We're Talkin' 3:35 7. Wild Life 3:07 8. Fountain of Love 4:23 9. June 3:28 10. Can't Go On Without 3:14 11. 2 Seconds Away 3:20 12. Milestone River 4:50 13. Let's Party Mills 2:12



No comments:

Post a Comment