Friday, July 6, 2012

DALLAS / OVER THE EDGE -EP- (2012)

Recently I discovered this amazing EP by serfing the net and I'm blown away!! "Over The Edge" is Dalla's first EP and it was released digitaly through the artist's page (http://thisisdallas.us/) on May 8th Bryan Dallas is a 26 years old musician from Castro Valley, CA. Dallas says : " I spent a lot of time writing and forging the production my self so that I could achieve the specific vision I had for the songs and sounds. It has a great vibe with forward thinking elements.There's no bullshit. It's just Rock, and Rock is just a lifestyle with a major attitude in  my book!"



This mini-album starts with the excellent "This Love". An up-tempo and extremely rhythmic tune that grabbed me immideately with its catchyness! Next song is "The Devil Is Rock 'n' Roll" which is a darker tune than the opener but with a blasting chorus line, again. This tune has a more 'modern' hard rock vibe in it. "Open Your Heart" is in an one word; HUGE!! And as Dallas says " I wrote "Open Your Heart" before I ever heard of Madonna...". The arrangements, the vocals, the guitar work, everything here is simply perfect!! "I Close My Eyes" is a emotional ballad with a very beautiful melody and an explosive chorus line that sticks in your mind for days!!! The track that closes this release is "Bring The Light". An 80's feel good tune with a catchy harmony and a chorus to die for!!

Overall, this is a great release. This guy achieved to combine the 80's melodic hard rock sound with sing-a-long choruses, very good arrangements and a solid guitar work. I can't wait for his full-length album!!! Well done!!!
HeavyParadise's Rating : 9/10

Track List :
1. THIS LOVE
2. THE DEVIL IS ROCK'n' ROLL
3. OPEN YOUR HEART
4. I CLOSE MY EYES
5. BRING THE LIGHT
http://thisisdallas.us/


No comments:

Post a Comment