Friday, March 26, 2010

Torben Schmidt / A Bit On The Side (1991)

Torben Schmidt is the lead singer of the super band Skagarack, and this one is the solo album that was released back in 1991. The result is pretty good and musically sounds somewhere between Skagarack's third album and Europe's "Prisoners In Paradise". A strong line-up of guests in this one such as Kee Marcello,  Torben Johansen , Knud Lindhard and many others. Some really stand-out tracks here like 'Love On Sale ', 'When I Hold You In My Arms ', 'It Ain't The First Time ' and 'Can't You Feel It " makes this album very enjoyable. For fans of Skagarack, Europe and big anthemic scandi releases, this one is for you!
HeavyParadise's Rating: 8/10
Tracks


1. Love On Sale 2. Good Day To Be Living 3. When I Hold You In My Arms 4. I Gave My Soul To Rock N' Roll 5. It Ain't The First Time 6. Turn On My Badland 7. My Woman 8. Can't You Feel It 9. Spider's Web 10. Same Old Song, Same Old Story 11. Sweet Lucy


2 comments:

  1. I've discovered it thanks to a Youtube's link two years ago ... I've liked it ... Nowadays, I don't know if this feeling is the same as before :) One thing I'm sure : it rocks ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it's a good release, more U.S. sound in it than Skagarack's, but for sure a strong release from Torben Schmidt. In the same style is the Skagarack's 4th release.

    ReplyDelete