Friday, March 26, 2010

Treat / Coup De Grace (2010)

Finally Treat's new album "Coup De Grace" is here(to stay!!) and I have spend a few hours listening to it. My first impressions? Strong, powerfull, melodic and sensational. I have never been a big fan of Treat's music, even if I have every record that this band has released. I love their self-titled album with the mighty Mats Leven on lead vocals and I also like the classic "Dreamhunter " which was released back in 1987. When I bought the compilation "Weapons of Choice 1984-2006" I was surprised by the new tracks 'I Burn for You' & 'go!' , both tracks were amazing and made me wanted some more!! So, 2010 and Treat is here to give a lot of with their music. The new album has  everything that I love, strong memorable choruses, passionate vocal lines, a huge production , melodic in-your-face guitar work and a tight musicianship! What else could anyone ask from a melodic hard rock band? For once again it's hard to pick up a song as a highlight but the song that made me push the repeat button twice was "Roar" . Overall a fantastic release, a must have for everyone and for sure this album is gonna be in my top 5 this years list! Well done boys.
HeavyParadise's Rating: A BIG 10.....what else?
Tracks


1. Prelude – Coup de Grace  2. The War Is Over 3. All In 4. Paper Tiger 5. Roar6. A Life To Die For 7. Tangled Up 8. Skies of Mongolia9. Heaven Can Wait 10. I'm Not Runnin' 11. No Way Without You 12. We Own the Night13. All for Love 14. Breathless





No comments:

Post a Comment