Saturday, February 18, 2023

REVIEW : SEVENTH CRYSTAL, Wonderland (Frontiers Music s.r.l. Release: 10 March 2023)

Back in 2021, SEVENTH CRYSTAL released their amazing debut opus entitled "Delirium" !! That was, and still remains, a great debut record that combined perfectly the classic early 90's melodic hard rock sound with a tasteful modern twist making the final result simply breathtaking. "Delirium" still is in heavy rotation daily in my cd player.

The sound of Seventh Crystal is pretty diverse regarding most of the bands in the Frontiers Music rooster and, to be honest with you, I was looking forward to listening new music from these guys! So, the waiting is almost over and I'm happy that finally I have the promo of Seventh Crystal's in my hands. "Wonderland" will see the light of day this March and I can assure you that this is yet another highlight out of 2023! 

After the first spin of "Wonderland", I'm really thrilled; the highlights here are plenty, the melodies are larger than life, the hooks and choruses stick into your mind at once and the performances are solid as rock! The dynamic guitar duo that consists by Emil Dornerus and Gustav Linde is really out of this world and the vocals from Kristian Fyhr are just top!! 

It's really hard to review each track seperately 'cause every single track here is pure heaven in my ears! The last thing that I have to add is that Seventh Crystal with albums like this one (including the amazing debut as well) can be leaders in the new wave of modern melodic hard rock world! A top class release that can't be missed by any fan of this scene!

No comments:

Post a Comment