Saturday, February 7, 2015

REVIEW : IONIA / Postcards From The Edge: Chapter 1. Delta 32. (2015)

Recently I received an e-mail concerning a band called IONIA. "Postcards From The Edge: Chapter 1. Delta 32." is the band's newest EP that include 5 really impressive rock tunes. Ionia have played Warped Tour, Taste of Chaos, CMJ, and have shared the stage with major label bands such as We Came As Romans, Close To Home, I See Stars, Blessthefall, Smile Empty Soul, The Devil Wears Prada, Falling in Reverse, Chiodos, and many more.

Their music is simple, it has attitude, it's 'dark' and includes some great melodies in it that makes the final result a pleasant listening for each and every fan of the rock sound in general. The lead singer has a warm and powerful voice and, in my humble opinion, it is the band's biggest weapon! Just imagine the modern hard rock giants Hinder with a more pop twist and you'l get the picture of how Ionia sounds. And even if this EP contains only five tracks, it's enough to unfold the great abilities and the talent of this band. Just check the amazing "I Hate Long Pretentious Titles And I’m A Hypocrite", the huge and atmospheric "Spitting In The Eyes Of Defeat" and the hymn of "Bitter" and you'll discover a 'different' band that has big potentials.

I'm really looking forward to the band's next step. Highly recommended.

Rating : 9/10

Track Listing :I Hate Long Pretentious Titles And I’m A Hypocrite, Idea, We Shall Overcome, Spitting In The Eyes Of Defeat, Bitter




No comments:

Post a Comment