Saturday, September 25, 2010

Two Fires / Burning Bright (2010)

I have to say that I was expecting more from this album! Yes, my feelings about this long awaited Two Fires album are a bit mixed-up. In my opinion there are two many 'soft' songs and the songs seems to keep repeating themselves. But hey, don't get me wrong! This is not a bad album but for sure it's not something breathtaking either! I really like Kevin Chalfant's voice and I also like his previous works with the super-band The StormThe Vu and the first Two Fires album. Chalfant in this one sings very good and the Steve Perry influences are once again obvious. The music here reminds a lot of Journey and Survivor meaning that there are plenty of melodies, emotional ballads, some rockier tunes and good guitar work. The track that really grabbed me from the first listening is 'Some Things Are Better Left Unsaid'. It's an excellent mid-tempo track with an amazing guitar work and Chalfant's emotional voice. Other highlights here are the pretty good, with a nice chorus line, opener 'Is It Any Wonder', the sensational ballad 'Still in Love' and the catchy 80's rocker tune of 'Answer To My Prayer'. Bottom line is that this is a good AOR album that will please every fan of pure AOR sound!   
HeavyParadise's Rating: 7/10
Tracks


1. Is It Any Wonder  2. Lost in the Song  3. Some Things Are Better Left Unsaid  4. Epic in the Night  5. Shattered Without You 6. Burning Bright 7. Hold On To Your Dream 8. Still in Love 9. Answer To My Prayer 10. Relentless  11. All for One



No comments:

Post a Comment