Friday, January 11, 2019

REVIEW : KANE ROBERTS --- The New Normal (Frontiers Music s.r.l., Release Date: 25 January 2019)


Kane Roberts is well-known from his 'Rambo' looking when he was the guitar man for rock icon Alice Cooper. His M-80 shaped guitar was yet another trademark for Kane Roberts. Except his amazing abilities as a guitar player, Roberts was also a very good singer. As a solo artist, Kane Roberts released a classic debut but, for me, the second one (Saints And Sinners) is what I call a gem of an album.


Nowadays, Kane Roberts is back in business with his long-awaited brand new opus with the title "The New Normal" through Frontiers Music s.r.l. In his new step, Roberts achieved to gather an amazing list of guests such as Alice Cooper, Alissa White-Gluz (Arch Enemy), Kip Winger and guitarist Nita Strauss to name a few. 

For those who wanted a new 'Saints And Sinners' or a 'Kane Roberts' (debut) number two, let me tell you that this new one has nothing to do regarding his first two albums. "The New Normal" is modern melodic hard rock/metal or, if you prefer, nu metal. 

The new direction can be heard from the first three songs. All these songs are heavy, aggressive, powerful and with a strong dose of modern metal. I have to add here that  on “Beginning of the EndAlice Cooper shares the vocals with Alissa White-Gluz  and the result is really interesting. This song also features some 'brutal' vocals as the cherry on top! To be honest I didn't expect something like that from Roberts. In "Who We Are", we have a mellower song, acoustic and with a darker vibe, that is among my personal favorites out of the new album. "Leave This World Behind" is melodic and more straight forward rocker and it includes Roberts breathtaking guitar licks. I really like the 'deep' and emotional vocals here. One of the album's highlights is without any doubt "The Lion's Share". This modern melodic monster of a song is pure gold, at least for my personal taste. I love the arrangements, I love the vocals, I love this track.  

With his brand new "The New Normal" Kane Roberts is back in business. It's an album that will not be 'easy', at least for the fans of the first couple releases (the debut and 'Saints And Sinners'). It's modern, dark, aggressive in some parts, melodic and has nothing to do regarding Roberts' past works. My opinion is to listen to "The New Normal" with an open mind and I'm positive that you'll discover its moments.  

Rating : 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment