Friday, May 27, 2011

BLACK 'N BLUE / HELL YEAH! (2011)

This was long anticipated among the fans of this band. For me, Black 'N Blue , was always a band with good releases, catchy songs and a tight musicianship. Not a favourite one but I own a couple albums in my cd collection. Over the last years, more and more 'old' bands are coming back searchin' for their piece of pie in the music scene. The fact is that I was curious for this release. I can't say that I'm disappointed after listening "Hell Yeah" but I'm not impressed either. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

Their music still remains tight with a hair metal attitude but I found the songs not so catchy as I was expecting. But hey, that's only my humble opinion. "Monkey" is a nice heavy rockin' track which contains some really nice soloing and the necessery sreaming from Jaime St. James. "Target" is an old-school hard rock song while "Hail Hail" is probably one of the best tunes from this album. It is anthemic with an 80's feeling and a strong chorus line! "Angry Drunk Son of a Bitch" is aggressive and a kinda of a in-your-face one! Other highlights are "Candy", the melodic "Falling Down" and "World Goes Round".

Bottom line is that "Hell Yeah" is a solid album which contains some really good 'old' school hard rock tracks good enough to make you shake.
HeavyParadise's Rating : 7/10

Tracklist :
01· Monkey 02 Target 03· Hail Hail 04· Fools Bleed 05· C’mon 06· Jaime’s Got the Beer 07· Angry Drunk Son of a Bitch 08· So Long 09· Trippin’ 45 10· Falling Down 11· Candy 12· Hell Yeah! 13· World Goes Round Bonus Track : 14· A Tribute To Hawking

No comments:

Post a Comment