Monday, December 13, 2010

FAITHEALER / Welcome To The Edge Of The World (2010)

Ivan Gunn is well-known from his works with Pride and Balance Of Power. I have to say that his work with Pride showed some excellent piece of melodic rock. Also, the debut album of Balance Of Power is still a fine moment to Ivan Gunn's discography and a highlight in my book! FAITHEALER is the result of Gunn's collaboration with singer Jason Marks. "Welcome To The Edge Of The World" is the debut album from FAITHEALER and it's a welcome album to the huge sound of Balance Of Power's debut with some PRIDE touches!

"Welcome To The Edge Of The World" is an album that will please every AOR/melodic rock fan who likes nice melodies, big choruses and emotional ballads. I have to admit that till now I hadn't the chance of hearing Jason Marks (ex-S.I.N.) vocals. This guy has a very good voice and fits perfectly with FAITHEALER style. The songs are from good to excellent and it's very difficult to find a weak moment here. I can't say that this album will be a future classic,..only time will tell, but, for sure "Welcome To The Edge Of The World" can stand proudly beside this year's, and not only, best AOR releases.

Highlights here are the heavier tune of " Who will stop the rain" with the super catchy chorus, my personal favorite and maybe one of the best tracks from this album "Just give me tonight" , the emotional ballad "Lay down and die for you", the stunning duet "Heaven from here", "Tell me" and "Second sight".

All in all this is a well crafted melodic rock album with passionate performances  strong and tight songwritting, big arrangements and catchy tunes!
HeavyParadise's Rating: 8/10

track list:
01. The beginning of the end 02. Who will stop the rain 03. Stronger 04. Just give me tonight 05. Lay down and die for you 06. Last tear drop falls 07. Tell me 08. They say09. Heaven from here 10. Second sight 11. Still alive 12. Welcome to the edge of the world 13. The end of the beginning 14. Last tear drop falls (acoustic)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment