Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Talisman / Humanimal Part I & II (1994)

This is Talisman's third and fourth release together in a double disc. Originaly recorded in 1994, the band decided to rerelease this in a double cd. This time the funky elements are more obvious but that doesn't mean that the melodic hard rock is gone.Also the sound is a bit heavier than in their previous two works. "Colour My Xtc "is a huge song,it is heavy and funky with a killer chorus. "Humanimal ", "My Best Friends Girl ", "You Cannot Escape ...", "Fabricated War " and "Blissful Garden " are some more of the highlights here.
All in all one more very good release from Talisman with great guitar work, J.S.S.'s vocals on top form, a very good production and a tight musicianship. Even if this release is for the most people an average release for Talisman standards, for me this one is one more great add to my Talisman cd collection!
HeavyParadise's Rating: 8/10
Track Listings

Disc: 1
1. 3233 And Colour My XTC 2. Fabricated War 3. Tainted Pages 4. TV Reality 5. Seasons 6. All And All
7. D O A P S 8. Blissful Garden 9. Lonely World 10. Delusions Of Grandeur 11. Since You've Gone 12. Humanimal 13. Doin' Time Wit' My Baby
Disc: 2

1. Animal Ritual 2. You Cannot Escape The Revelation Of The Identical By Seeking Refuge In the Illusion Of The Multiple 3. My Best Friend's Girl 4. Dear God 5. Hypocrite 6. Wastin' R Time 7. To Know Someone Deeply, Is To Know Someone Softly 8. Todo Y Todo 9. Color My XTC


No comments:

Post a Comment