Friday, December 2, 2011

FATE / GHOSTS FROM THE PAST (2011)

Danish FATE isn't a newbee in the music scene. They have a long history with some brilliant albums back then. Albums like "Scratch N' Sniff" in 1990 and "Cruisin' For A Bruisin'" in 1988, are both, imo, classics in my book. The band made their comeback in 2006 with the "V" release which was a good effort but far away from the band's earlier works.

So, nowadays, FATE is back to offer us a very good album filled with the 'magic' of their earlier days, combined with the 'fresher' air of the new melodic hard rock sound and the result is the  "Ghosts From The Past", which is one of the strongest albums this year. The guitar sound is melodic but, also, punchy and the extensive use of the keyboards are givin' the extra flavour to rocket this album to the sky! "Children Of The Night", which is the album's opener, is a great melodic rocker with a strong chorus line. "Miracle" is another winner from this new release while "All That I Want" is one of my favourites here. "Seeds Of Terror" has a modern vibe in it and "Daddy's Girl" brings back memories from the band's previous works. Great track!! It's really difficult to find a weak tune from this new FATE album 'cause every single track fullfilling my expectations that I had from "Ghosts From The Past". And what were those expectations? The answer is really simple; good music!!

Closing, I have to say that this is a really solid release! The band is givin' heart and soul to deliver us this brilliant album which contains impressive guitar work, powerfull vocal performances and a tight musicianship. The only problem that I have after listening to this really strong effort, is how on earth I will construct my this year's Top 20 list with all these good releases??


HeavyParadise's Rating : 8/10

Track List : 01 - Children Of The Night/ 02 - Miracle/ 03 - Seeds Of Terror/ 04 - Fear Of The Stranger/ 05 - At The End Of The Day/ 06 - All That I Want/ 07 - Follow Your Heart/ 08 - Daddy's Girl/ 09 - Moving On/ 10 - Murder/ 11 - The Last Time/ 12 - I Believe In Rock 'N' Roll/ 13 - The Other Side





No comments:

Post a Comment