Wednesday, February 6, 2013

JUNKIE DILDOZ / FUCK YOU, WE ROCK (2012)

This new sleaze heavy metal band was born in Italy in 2008. They are heavenly influenced by the U.S. sleaze/glam metal scene of the 80's, early 90's, from bands such as Faster Pussycat, Shotgun Messiah and Vain but, also, from the new generation of this scene and acts like Crashdiet and Hardcore Superstar.



After the release of their first E.P. in 2009, the band toured in Italy and played with many bands. In 2012, Junkie Dildoz released their second E.P. with the title "Fuck You We Rock". The opening track is a very energetic tune with some in-your-face performances and ass-kickin' guitars that brings some memories from the golden era of the Sunset Strip scene. This could be easily the opening track for your late night parties (...if you know what I mean..). "I'm A Gun" moves to the same sleaze metal paths but not as commercial as the opening. It has a rough sound and I would prefer a more 'clean' vocals. "If I Had Enough Time" has some influences from The 69 Eyes and generally has a 'modern' vibe but overall it's a nice tune. "You Wring My Heart Out" has a 'darker' vibe in it while the last one, "Sometimes She Dies" which closes the album has nothing new or breathtaking to offer!

Closing, I have to say that after a couple, and more , listenings of this E.P.,my feelings are mixed-up!! These guys have plenty of talent, no doubt 'bout that!!! My only complain is that I would prefer more energy in the vain of their opening track that grabbed me from the first notes and left me hungry for more!! Also, the vocalist, although he has plenty of attitude, needs more work. But this is only my opinion. My only advice is to work harder and I'm sure that in the near future we will hear some bigger things from those guys!!!
HeavyParadise's Rating : 7/10




Track List : Fuck You We Rock, I'm A Gun, If I Had Enough Time, You Wring My Heart Out, Sometimes She Dies












No comments:

Post a Comment