Saturday, December 10, 2011

LOU REED about the "LULU" album : "I never wrote for them then, I don’t write for them now. I have no interest in what they have to say about anything. I’m interested in whether I like it. I write for me."

In an interview with the Neil McCormick at the UK-based Telegraph, LOU REED and METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich discussed their controversial Lulu album, which has been bathed in negativity and has the vast majority of Metallica fans asking "Why?" An excerpt is available below:

Who cares?” snaps Reed when I mention the critics. “I never wrote for them then, I don’t write for them now. I have no interest in what they have to say about anything. I’m interested in whether I like it. I write for me.


Reed is a notoriously difficult interviewee, with a reputation for being uncommunicative, insulting, evasive, dour, bad-tempered and sometimes just monosyllabic and boring. Journalists approach with trepidation, sharing war stories about times he has walked out or refused to speak at all. Still, we return for more punishment. The man is a genius, after all, founder of the hugely influential Velvet Underground, a collaborator with Andy Warhol and among the most innovative lyricists and artistically adventurous musicians of the rock era. So what if he’s also obnoxious and weirdly insecure?

You can read mopre here : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopfeatures/8941594/Lou-Reed-and-Metallica-interview.html 


No comments:

Post a Comment