Monday, November 4, 2013

ANGELICA / THRIVE (2013)

Angelica Rylin is the lead singer of Murder Of My Sweet. "Thrive" called her debut solo album in which collaborates with her friend from Murder Of My Sweet and well-known producer Daniel Flores, who recently released another AOR gem with Find Me.



Angelica stated about her debut : "... I always wanted to release a solo album like this, a tribute to the heroes of my childhood like Robin Beck, Ann Wilson (Heart) and Leigh Matty of Romeo's Daughter ...".

As in any AOR project that respects itself nowadays, Angelica enlists almost all the elite of contemporary melodic rock scene such as Harry Hess, Daniel Flores, Robert Sall, Alessandro Del Vecchio and Anders Wigelius, Jesper Stromblad (In Flames), Magnus Karlsson (Primal Fear) and Per Berquist (Smash Into Pieces) and the result is more than satisfactory.

And I say something more than satisfactory because, in one hand, we have a very good and powerful voice, a strong synthetic group, a top producer but, on the other hand, the songs at some point begin to repeat and remind hundreds of other such projects ( see Issa RT . etc. ) .

In the album's highlights include the catchy opening "Breaking My Heart", the "Can't Stop Love" reminiscent of Robin Beck, stunning power ballad "Losers In Paradise" and the rhythmic "This Kiss Is Just For You".

For fans of melodic sound and especially for those who loves Robin Beck's works,"Thrive" will satisfy you completely !
Heavy Paradise's Rating : 8/10

Track List :
1. Breaking My Heart
2. I Am Strong
3. To Your Rescue
4. Can't Stop Love
5. Nothing Else You Can Break
6. Riding Out The Storm
7. Rain On My Parade
8. Losers In Paradise
9. You Will Never Win
10. This Kiss Is Just For You
11. I'm Not Waiting
12. Take Me To Your Heart







No comments:

Post a Comment