Thursday, July 7, 2011

FIREHOUSE / FULL CIRCLE (2011)

FIREHOUSE is a great band, there is no doubt about that. They have released some really huge albums that till' now are considered as 'classics' in the hard rock scene. Back then they had it all; a great performer, a solid musicianship, an inspired guitarist and some stunning tracks! They sold million of copies and toured across the world. For every single Firehouse fan, like me, a new release is always a must have, even if a couple of albums were not in the high level as their first three!

So, nowadays, the band is back but not with a brand new album but with re-recordings of some of their earlier hits. Some of the fans will be dissapointed about this one but for me it's a wise decision if the band lacks of some new ideas. It's, also, a good chance for some new fans to discover a great band, even if the tracks here are re-recorded. All new versions are well-treated by the band and they have put some new arrangements plus a more melodic sound. CJ Snare's voice is always on top form and Bill Leverty's guitar work smokes once again!

Bottom line is that this is a good purchase but the main question here is : "was "Full Circle" neccessary?" I have to leave the answer up to you and I'll go and put "Hold Your Fire" in to my cd player!

TRACK LIST :  01 - Overnight Sensation / 02 - Shake And Tumble / 03 - Hold the Dream / 04 - All She Wrote / 05 - Love of A Lifetime / 06 - Don't Treat Me Bad / 07 - Reach For the Sky / 08 - When I Look Into Your Eyes / 09 - You Are My Religion / 10 - I Live My Life For You / 11 - Christmas With You


No comments:

Post a Comment