Sunday, October 30, 2011

CHICKENFOOT / III (2011)

Supergroup? Yes, that's sure! The high expectetions that I had from the band's debut album weren't fullfilled. I don't know why, maybe something about the songs or the lack of some big chorus didn't work for me.

So, "III" is the band's second album and it's a step forward concerning Chickenfoot's debut. The songs are better, the music is catchier and the musicianship tighter. Sammy Hagar's voice is on top form, Joe Satriani's guitar parts are stunning and the rhythm section solid and 'groovier'. Highlights are "Come Closer", "Up Next", "Big Foot" and the first single "Three And A Half Letters".

All in all, this is a solid hard rock release with some great tracks in it. For sure, this is not the album of the year but it's very enjoyable from start to finish.

HeavyParadise's Rating : 7,5/10

TRACK LIST :  01. Last Temptation, 02. Alright, Alright, 03. Different Devil, 04. Up Next, 05. Lighten Up, 06. Come Closer, 07. Three and a Half Letters, 08. Bigfoot, 09. Dubai Blues, 10. Something Going Wrong



3 comments:

  1. I don't know what I've to think about this band ... I like (DLR) VAN HALEN, I've never tasted SH's era ... In my humble opinion, CHICKENFOOT looks like VELVET REVOLVER, I mean a good and decent replacement to VH and GNR. I'm still hesitating to get a CHICKENFOOT's release ... What's the best choice, dear Guitarman ? :o

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm....difficult to tell you my friend. Even if I'm a HUGE Van Hagar fan i still can't get into this band. A superb musicianship, great musicians but not enough catchy songs for me....

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my case, there's something in this band which attracts me. I can't tell you what attracts me ... Hmm, I've to listen more songs on streaming ;)

    ReplyDelete