Sunday, July 4, 2010

House Of Lords / Come to My Kingdom (2008)

How do you top a release that was so good, or I could say a huge one, as "World Upside Down" was. The question, in my opinion, is that it's very difficult. House Of Lords with "World Upside Down"  had put the standardts too high!! So, "Come to My Kingdom" is the band's second effort in this new House Of Lords era and once again it's a damn good one. Some really impressive and strong choruses, a tight songwritting, Christian's performances are top notch and the guitar sound is awesome!! Jimi Bell is the big star here with his fantastic riffs and solos. The guitar sound in this one is a bit heavier but without loosing the melodic lines of "World Upside Down". The title track "Come to My Kingdom" is heavy with a killer chorus line, what a great opener. "I Need To Fly" is a nice commercial track while "I Don't Want To Wait All Night"  and "One Foot In The Dark" are both anthemics with catchy and memorable choruses. Other highlights, and my personal favourites, are "'Your every move' and "One touch". All in all this is another one classic HOL release full of great songs, great performances and fantastic guitar work. Another one future classic? I don't know, only time will tell..........
HeavyParadise's Rating: 9/10
 Tracks


1. Purgatorio Overture No. 2 1:04 2. Come To My Kingdom 4:19 3. I Need To Fly 4:07 4. I Don't Wanna Wait All Night 4:04 5. Another Day From Heaven 4:30  6. In A Perfect World 3:56 7. The Dream 5:18 8. One Foot In The Dark 3:38  9. Your Every Move 4:41 10. I Believe 3:57  11. One Touch 4:09 12. Even Love Can't Save Us 4:14 13. In The Light 4:37 14. Another Day From Heaven Acoustic Version Bonus Track

No comments:

Post a Comment